Thursday, July 14, 2005

Weddings on the Brain!

I've worked like the dickens all week at work and managed NOT to get side-tracked by wedding stuff. I was REALLY distracted by wedding planning stuff since probably the day Ryan put this ring on my finger and I think it came back to bite me in the ass because this week all these deadlines crept up on me. I was not at all happy with myself! It's also my 6-month self-assessment time at work so all this could not have come at a worse time. Oh, and I had some 'feminine issues' going on as well. So here Friday is tomorrow and the new Harry Potter book comes out, yeay! We're also going to Shane and Tammy's wedding down in Blacksburg and I can't wait. We have another wedding in two weeks we're going to as well. So that is why I have weddings on the brain. It was actually sorta nice to not have to think about my wedding for a week, not that I DIDN'T think about it but it was the first time in a while that I didn't feel CONSUMED by it. But I really need to get my act together I think.

So last weekend when we went home, I got a lot of "color" things done for the wedding. I went to David's Bridal and got a shoe-dye swatch of the plum. The plum looks a bit darker on satin material than on the other material so it looks really dark when I show it to people. I also picked up a bunch of paint swatches from Home Depot. I picked some up from the Ralph Lauren display because it was the closest thing to me and chose a few. The ones Ryan and I decided on were Hunter Orange, Nairobi Dusk, and British Racing Green. The colors on the website look nothing like the swatches so it's not even worth posting.

I also went to the Garden Ridge back home and visited their MASSIVE silk florals section. I came home with these beautiful orange gerber daisies and some flowers I THOUGHT were purple at the store but when I took them home they had a bit more of a red tint to them. I was disappointed but happy to find the orange. My dad even thought they were real and urged me to put them in water. Hee hee!

I also went and tried on some more dresses. I'm pretty much sold on a champagne-colored dress. I'll have a whole separate post/blog section just for my dress search so don't you fret!

1 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

Your color scheme seems to be coming together nicely! I can't wait to see all the dresses!! I love seeing pictures of you in wedding dresses! Makes it seem so real :) My Angel is getting married! :)

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home