Friday, July 08, 2005

Extreme Makeover Anyone?

So, um, I found this e-mail in my mailbox stating:
"Hello there! ... Sorry for busting in like this, but hear me out...I am a producer with a popular prime time Network reality show and we are looking for engaged couples getting married in 2006. In searching for candidates, I ran into your blog and discovered that you are getting married and would love to have a dream wedding at no cost to you. Sounds like you might be a match! In reading your blog, I also found that you are a very deserving person, which is high on the list of what we expect from our cast members. Email me and I'll fill you in on the scoop. Basically, you and your fiance might have a chance at a fairy tale dream wedding, all expenses paid! Key here is that both of you would have to undergo a makeover before walking down the aisle. Email me at _____@exmcasting if you're interested in hearing more about this opportunity. FYI - I have no clue if you or your fiance could use a makeover, but it is a popular 'to do' item on many brides' 'to do' list!"
So after reading this incredulously to Ryan I decided to research. The 'popular prime time Network' is ABC and the 'reality show' is Extreme Makeover. (Yes, they do Extreme Home Makeover, too). It even states on their website that they are looking for an engaged couple getting married in 2006.

Ok, a makeover is nice and all but SURGERY!?!?! I don't want to have plastic surgery done! It's a nice idea and all but a lot of the people they've had on their show look COMPLETELY different. Check it out for yourself! http://abc.go.com/primetime/extrememakeover/
Sure, I'd love to have permanent hair removal so that I don't ever have to shave ever again and some dermatology treatment would be nice but I don't want to look like a completely different person. I'm quite happy with the way that I look. Sure, I could use some improvement but I don't want to look completely different! I told my mom all this and she's like, "Ask them if they can do Moms, too!"

I think it's crazy that they solicited me via e-mail! For one thing, they found me on my anonymous blog and left me a message since basically that's the only way to get in touch with me on that blog. It's just so freakin' crazy!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great opportunity! And they do search for deserving people. I was the mother on their first mother/daughter makeover. I found the dieting harder than I did recovering from the surgeries. If you are young you will bounce back quick like my daughter. They use only the finest doctors and the results are amazing and last a lifetime!

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home