Friday, July 08, 2005

Onward! ... Kinda

Well, Ryan and I met with the lady at the Contemporary Art Center of Va this afternoon. Yes, we were just here Monday but Ryan really wanted to meet with her pretty quickly. We have had to change our date from the 16th to the 30th to accomodate both the church and both of our potential reception sites. More time to plan!

The lady, Irene, was really nice! She really had a lot to say about anything and everything. She was a sweet, German lady who has coordinated a lot of events at the CACV. She had a good idea of who was a good caterer to have based on what other brides and even people who work the events at CACV told her. While we were meeting with her they were setting up a ceremony and reception for later that evening. Black Angus was the caterer for that reception as well as for the reception that we peeked in at on July 2nd. They are definitely a contender!

Ryan's concern about CACV is that there is no holding room for the bridal party. To me that is not such a big deal but to him it is. I really am glad that he is playing a pretty active role in all this because I know he has a certain standard that he wants met and I think he is best and picking and choosing what it is that he wants. He thinks I'm indecisive about things but generally I am not. It's just that when it comes to things that concern him too I have to take extra consideration and even second guess because he likes/wants things a certain way. There's no fault at wanting perfection . . . at least at this stage in the game. Talk to me in about a year and see if I'm still this cheery.

But we're pretty much set on CACV. We're holding the 30th right now at both CACV and the Chrysler Museum in Norfolk. As beautiful as Chrysler is we think that the CACV is a bit more 'us'.

Since at both places we get to provide our own alcohol I stopped at the liquor store at the Norfolk Naval base to check on prices since I was having lunch with Joy on the base anyway. You gotta love cheap, tax-free alcohol! There should be more than enough for everyone.

I also stopped at David's Bridal to get a swatch on their plum color since I will be using that for the bridesmaid dresses. I'm just going to let them choose their own but it has to be in THAT color at David's Bridal. The other colors for the wedding are going to be a hunter/forest green and orange for things like the flowers and leaves. We are also going for an Autumn motif so I've been having a lot of fun looking at things for that. I can't wait for all the Fall decoration stuff to go on sale!!!

Ryan and I have also been crunching numbers behind the scenes but we're both really excited for everyone to join in our special day . . . more updates to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home