Sunday, June 12, 2005

Meeting of the Parents

Well, the meeting of the parents was a success like we both knew it would be! Ryan's parents came in early on Friday afternoon. We took them to Old Town, Alexandria and had dinner at a Japanese steakhouse along the waterfront. We all really enjoyed our meals. We then went walking in the more historic part of Old Town. I love Old Town because it has so much character. They have lit lanterns along the streets, I'm sure they are gas lanterns but they really add to the feel of the place. The tour leaders dressed as colonial people help a lot too. His parents really enjoyed that a lot despite the fact that it got fairly muggy when there was no breeze.

On Saturday, we took his parents on the Metro to DC and took them to see the World War 2 Memorial since that is the latest addition to the Mall area and his parents haven't been there in years. We also took them to a lot of other memorials like Jefferson's, Lincoln's, and Roosevelt's. We did A LOT of walking and by the time we came home we were all pretty sun-burnt, even me! Now THAT'S saying a lot. I have a little tan spot on my chest from my heart pendant, I tanned THAT easily! My parents rolled into the area in the late afternoon along with my doggy, Aja. We took all the parents to dinner at McCormick and Shmidt's in Crystal City. They all really hit it off! We then came back to the apartment afterwards and the 4 of them just chatted away. Since we had booked both sets of parents at the same hotel up the street they all made plans to have breakfast this morning at the hotel's continental breakfast without us and everything went well.

We took Ryan's parents to the Booz Allen Classic today since his dad LOVES golf. It was great seeing a lot of big names like Phil Mickelson and Ernie Els even though neither of them did well. His dad was like a little kid in a candy store and was so excited! I know we definitely tracked some miles walking today. My legs are COMPLETELY sore and tight and my sunburn is even MORE uncomfortable after all the sun we got today. I haven't even been to the beach yet! After Ryan and I parted ways from his parents at the tournament we met up with my parents in Fairfax where they spent the day with family friends. We showed the ring to the family, hung out for a bit, and were on our way home, completely exhausted!

All in all, it was a wonderful weekend! Everyone had a lot of fun, we spent a lot of quality time together, and the parents really liked each other and are both really excited for our wedding and the planning. Now to get my butt to bed to get some much-needed rest!

P.S. I'm a size 6!!! Yeah, I wish I meant women's clothing. I meant ring size. The ring came back from my mom's jeweler just the perfect size. $25 vs $60, my arse!

1 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

Glad you all had a good time. You must be as tired as I am after all that fun!! Make sure you get lots of beauty rest. I know your big day is far away, but it's never too early to start! :)

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home