Sunday, September 30, 2007

One Year Ago

Ryan and I just finished eating the top layer of our original wedding cake. I had no intention of keeping with that tradition but it turns out that my mom saved it for us so on my trip home last weekend I took it back home. The cake was just as yummy and moist as it was a year ago. Can't say enough about Jaime's Bakeshop! I also brought home a bottle of the 'champagne' that one of my coworkers got us a half case of as a wedding gift. We are drinking it out of our Crate and Barrel freebie glasses that we got for going to their Registering Event just like we did a year ago.

A year ago. . that's so crazy. The year has flown by. We are celebrating our one-year in a week as we are heading to Italy as our vacation this year. We have both been incredibly busy with work and our new hobby of cycling. We're now looking at perhaps buying a place of our own once we get back from Italy.

Our first year of married life has been fairly the same as all the other years we've been together. I think I may nag him more but in my defense only because he seems to listen less. We bought a new car since getting married last year and we're now a 2-car household. Ryan switched companies (to mine) and so we also spend a lot of time together even when we're at work. Our kitchen is complete thanks to all our wedding gifts and we are definitely experimenting a lot with cuisine.

Upon reflection, I'm so glad that wedding planning is well behind me. The picking of vendors wasn't so bad but the logistics, the stress, and some of the emotional turmoil are things I don't want to relive. Because I prefer not to be the center of attention I had a hard time often. As an introvert I needed plenty of recovery time after such a crazy week and I think our Bali Honeymoon helped with that definitely.

It's been a wonderful year and we think that's because most of the kinks were worked out well before we got married and I like that. I couldn't imagine the stress of being married and living with him for the first time. Now, 6 years later, we are in a groove. Maybe in the next year or two we'll start our family. My stipulation is that I want a place of our own first and we seem to be in line with that. Here's to many happy years together!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home